Okay folks, this is the lame web page for the Credit Pool project.
As stated on the project page, Credit Pool is a web-based online money transaction database. Its purpose is to be used among groups of friends or coworkers to track debts and credits, and optimize these debts among the group.
You should probably just go to the project page now.
Using the thing!
Well, okay there's some good news and bad news. The good news is that there's
enough stuff on CVS to set up and begin using your own Credit Pool. The bad
news is that there's no documentation yet.
If you want to get started, get the anon CVS, get MySQL fired up, and configure
your web server to execute the 'index.cgi'. Customize dbdata with your local
database info (be sure to have your server hide this :) ). Use the 'createdb'
script to set up the tables. You'll have to add users by hand in SQL, but it's
easy enough. At that point, it's totally usable. (We've been administering our
own credit pool for half a year by hand in SQL, so it works!)
If you care to help, by helping build the web page, or tweaking the scripts out
let me know, and join the mailing
list. Primarily my goals are:
- Set up a decent web page so people won't be scared off by this tripe.
- Audit the safety/security of the script (I know it's bad!)
- Build some admin scripts to avoid the ghetto-style admin method above.
- Redesign so that we can "skin" the HTML output of the script. Create
themes, like the Source Forge that hosts us.
- Provide enough groundwork so that future upgrades easily upgrade
- If you have more ideas, I want to hear them! Join the list!
What it looks like
Finally, here are two links that are somewhat cool:
- A sample of
the main user interface. This page is static (ie. It doesn't work!) but it
shows what all the pieces are.
- A description
of the above. This is what it all means.
Chuck Homic firstname.lastname@example.org